A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small and beautiful community that is close to the West coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria in the South-Western region of the Cape York Peninsula. This is a fantastic opportunity to see and experience a fascinating part of tropical Far North Queensland.
Your Exciting, New Role
You are in charge of managing and promoting the operation of the Land and Sea office and will provide senior management support to meet community goals across a variety of dimensions.
The Skills You Bring
- You have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, such as Geography, Anthropology, Resource Management
- You have a minimum 10 years’ of related work experience
- Having worked in a similar position you have the ability to manage, supervise and lead a team to achieve successful outcomes
- You are a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- Your understanding of Microsoft products and PC based applications is astonishing
- When it comes to organising, you are a total pro at setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- You pride yourself on your outstanding time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- You understand the importance of confidentiality, having a background working with information of a sensitive nature
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
- You support a diverse, equitable and safe workplace
You’ll be highly regarded if you have lived in remote areas and/or aboriginal communities.
What’s In It For You!
This is a Full Time 12 month contract. You will be receiving above award rates and will gain hands on experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 777557/VS