A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client is an employer of choice within the Cairns region. Currently offering a diverse range of employment opportunities, our client has received numerous awards in many different disciplines, in recognition of their commitment to providing exceptional customer service to their clients and stakeholders.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this role, you will:
- Provide network, communications and identity management support - with a focus on identity management;
- This role works closely with the Team Leader Operational Support to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the client.
Your keys responsibilities will include:
- Manage the security and identity aspects of the network to ensure that network performance is maintained to agreed service standards;
- Contribute to developing an effective framework for security and identity of all network environments in accordance with stated policy;
- Provide Operational Support for Mobility related interfaces and Mobile Device Management platforms;
- Contribute and assist with systems architecture design in line with current and future strategies;
- Oversee and monitor back-ups and data recovery processes to ensure data integrity;
- Contribute to ICT asset management processes;
- Contribute to the delivery of infrastructure projects in accordance with Information Services operational plan;
- Promotes corporate standardization of hardware and software in the infrastructure/ architectural platforms;
- Assist in the administration of and aide in the design and maintenance of disaster recovery & business continuity plans for council's information technology services;
- Contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans that will enable information technology infrastructure to evolve in alignment with the fundamentals of council's business strategy, key performance indicators, key processes, and IT investment funding;
- Maintain a broad understanding of Information Technology and communications developments, and specifically developments relating to local government;
- Adhere to processes and provide support in accordance with ITIL framework, as adopted by Information Services;
- Manage ITIL processes within areas of responsibility, as required.
The Skills You Bring
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Information Technology related discipline; preferably MSCE or CCNA qualified;
- Extensive experience in network support and administration within a large multi-function;
In addition to:
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the design, deployment, management and support of voice and data networks, server management, storage management, performance tuning/monitoring and security management;
- Detailed knowledge of trends in cost effective provision of information technologies for a large multi-functional organisation;
- Demonstrate capability to develop and maintain security architecture for Council, with applicable reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and improvement oriented, to achieve goals and deliver outcomes;
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills;
- Demonstrated high level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Exposure to ITIL framework & processes is highly desirable;
- Qualifications or experience in a Linux environment is desirable;
- Specific experience in Identity Management would be advantageous
- Practical experience with scripts and MDM would be advantageous.
What’s In It For You!
A rewarding remuneration package is on offer plus the opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of the organisation.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 747216/BD