A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a dynamic and established local Medical Practice offering an impressive working environment with a very friendly team. Operating in Cairns since 1978, they have an outstanding reputation for providing quality health care to generations of families in the Cairns area.
Your Exciting, New Role
This exciting leadership position will suit a dynamic, resourceful and experienced Practice Manager. In this role, you will be making a positive contribution towards maintaining a strong organisational culture. You will be responsible for the operation of organisational objectives, marketing, compliance with governance and organisational policies and procedures with the aim of meeting high standards in patient care, human resources, budgetary management, financial and risk management, IT management, business growth, a safe environment and a sound ‘best practice’ based culture.
In addition to the general running of the medical practice, the Practice Manager performs a range of administrative, reception, bookkeeping, clinical and marketing tasks in order to promote business and community relationships and be instrumental in driving growth of the medical practice.
The Skills You Bring
The following minimum competencies are required to perform the duties of a Practice Manager:
- At least 2 years’ small business / office management experience including human resources, planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Experience in bookkeeping and preferably Xero software;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Excel and Outlook;
Skills and Qualifications – Desirable:
Previous experience as a Practice Manager for a Health and/or Medical organisation is preferable;
- Knowledge of Medicare preferable;
- You have developed, implemented and evaluated innovative and contemporary wellbeing strategies and initiatives;
- You have the ability to liaise, advise and negotiate effectively with key stakeholders;
- You have a professional manner and presentation;
- You have effective organisation, prioritisation and task management skills;
- You have the ability to manage a dynamic multidisciplinary team;
- You understand the importance of privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations;
- You behave in a way that contributes to a workplace that endorses diversity and is intolerant of discrimination, harassment and bullying behaviour.
What’s In It For You!
This is a full time permanent position allowing you the opportunity to make this position your own. Your new employer will be fully supportive towards allowing you to reach your full potential. A generous salary package is on offer to the right candidate.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 749335/VS