A Little Bit About Your New Employer
A highly reputable State Government Department located in beautiful Cairns is seeking a dynamic and professional communications expert.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this role you will provide strategic communication services to all staff for community engagement, media relations, issues management, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- A focus is on you being able to prepare high level communications materials, including researching and writing media releases, ministerial briefings, newsletters, flyers, display materials, speech notes and others for projects.
- Provide communication advice and support to the Directors, Managers and other staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies.
- Coordinate community engagement for major projects, with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Develop strategies for stakeholder management and consult with a wide range of interest groups.
- Provide advice and support to staff to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community in the delivery of projects and initiatives
The Skills You Bring
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing is highly desirable.
- Your strong understanding of government allows you to develop and tailor executive correspondence to a very high standard.
- Your high level understanding of media and government operations will allow you to manage and develop media resources to enhance the department’s reputation
- You are a natural communicator with outstanding time management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Team work is a must in this role, leading the team to achieve successful outcomes
- You pride yourself on your organisation skills and your drive and determination to deliver high quality results, meet deadlines and service standards
- You have a clear Federal Police Check
What’s In It For You!
This exciting temporary contract will commence ASAP and concludes 30 June 2018.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 561622/VS