A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, well-respected leading community organisation.
Your Exciting, New Role
As an integral member of the organisation you will be joining their busy team based out of the vibrant and beautiful city of Cairns. You will be assisting with a range of HR related matters involving recruitment, training, industrial relations and award interpretation. You will bring with you in-depth knowledge of HR and WHS policies and will be confident with advising on operational and legislative HR and WHS matters.
The Skills You Bring
- You will need at least 3 years’ experience under your belt
- Having worked in a similar position, you have experience in solution based thinking and knowledge of developing and maintaining job descriptions for various positions
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key recruitment processes and you will be an expert in WHS legislation
- Your knowledge of WHS frameworks is second to none
- Teamwork is one of your favourite words and is a must in this role helping the team achieve positive outcomes
- Great communication is the key in this role and you will have the ability to work with and collaborate with others to negotiate, conflict manage and diffuse volatile situations
- You have an aptitude and enthusiasm to effectively and efficiently understand and interpret legislation and develop and interpret industrial instruments
- You have strong interpersonal skills so that you can build positive relationships and rapport with a range of people including clients, team members, internal and external stakeholders
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
- You have demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills
- You have the ability to work under pressure and you are focused on getting results
- Obviously, you are organised, a self-starter and can work with limited direction and supervision
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and be responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
What’s In It For You!
This is a short term contract role and a generous salary package will be negotiated based on experience in addition to the opportunity for professional development.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Job Reference: 754127/VS