A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client is a Local Council, located in a small, remote and beautiful part of the Western side of the Cape York Peninsula.
Your Exciting, New Role
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to provide efficient and effective delivery of all HR Management services to the Council. You will be based permanently within the community and report directly to the Director of Corporate Services.
The Skills You Bring
To be successful for this role you will need:
- Demonstrated HR Management experience including the setup of a HR framework and strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to undertake operational generalist HR duties plus provide strategic advice and guidance to senior management
- A sound understanding of the training and development including apprenticeships, traineeships, funding and Job Service Agencies
- An ability to understand and interpret legislation and develop and interpret industrial instruments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to negotiate, conflict manage and diffuse volatile situations
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, with ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Indigenous people
- Capacity to demonstrate a high level of commitment to interact positively in a remote Aboriginal community
- Develop and maintain a suite of position descriptions for all roles in the organisation structure in conjunction with the CEO and Directors
- Manage all recruitment and selection procedures
- Develop a workforce plan that identifies Council’s skill requirements and strategies to provide those skills to the Council including a succession plan
- Coordinate facilities bookings and Training Centre operations
What’s In It For You!
A rewarding remuneration package is on offer including subsidised accommodation, locality allowances and other benefits, in addition to the opportunity for professional development.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 566803/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!