A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is an international organisation that incorporates the passenger transport and tourism industries. They are a community minded organisation with strong values on providing exceptional customer experiences and a commitment to ensuring their daily operations have minimal impact on the surrounding environment.
Your Exciting, New Role
This position is responsible for providing high quality financial information and support of the Australian group to ensure that informed decisions are made by key stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient daily operations of a busy finance team. You will be required to adopt a hands on approach to achieving outcomes.
The Skills You Bring
- To be considered for this role, you will require 4+ years’ experience in:
- Preparation of accounting journals and accounting papers to support the group consolidation process;
- Ensuring accuracy and transparency in all reporting and results;
- Compiling and consolidating detailed monthly management reports and the Group’s annual statutory accounts;
- Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and any issues investigated and escalated as necessary;
- Provide financial analysis, including variances to Budget, to ensure accurate monthly reports to the Groups Board;
- Manage the Cairns based finance team ensuring that they are adequately trained, coached and resourced to perform their duties;
- Provide project costing for capital expenditure projects;
- Responsibility for the fixed asset registers of all businesses for accounting and tax purposes;
- Initial preparation of company tax return information for the external accounting firm to prepare returns from, and working with the accounting firm to ensure these are accurately filed and on time;
- Responsibility for preparation and filing of BAS,GST, PAYG, Payroll Tax and FBT returns;
- Act as bank payment approver for supplier payments, payroll and other payments as required;
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasting tools to ensure that the cash position of the Australian group is clearly understood, managed, and reported;
- Manage funding requirements for the Australian group, liaising with the CFO to ensure solvency and to highlight any future issues;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that information is provided as requested, and to ensure that they have all required information;
- Oversee preparation of annual budgeting process for the Australian group, and where necessary as this is consolidated into the Group budget;
- Process and procedure documentation and improvement;
- Maintain relationships with IT providers and internal IT teams to ensure key systems are functional;
- CA/CPA qualified with 3 years post qualification experience;
What’s In It For You!
The ability to play an integral role in the further growth and development of a highly reputable based organisation. A rewarding remuneration is on offer to suitably qualified and experience Candidates.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 747185/BD