A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a well renowned and long standing provider of English language Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses who pride themselves on delivering the highest standards of academic excellence and personal development to their students.
Their Cairns Campus is a modern complex which include tutorial rooms, computer laboratories, internet access, travel centre, hotel/hospitality training rooms (bar, front office), hospitality computer laboratory, student recreation areas, library and self-access resource centre enabling a hands on learning experience for their students.
Your Exciting, New Role
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the daily financial management and operational processes, policies and procedures ensuring practices are compliant with statutory guidelines and industry standards.
Your primary functions of the role will include, but not limited to, provide strategic leadership for your new employers’ financial activities, complete monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cashflow management and all facets of financial administration within a small office environment.
The role will require a high degree of time management and prioritisation skills, in addition to the ability to provide timely and accurate strategic and operational level financial advice to the General Manager.
You will also be responsible in the supervision of administrative staff.
The Skills You Bring
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will require the following:
- Must hold an undergraduate degree or higher, in finance, accounting or commerce;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership of an organisation’s financial functions;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide high level advice and reports to inform the financial decision-making of an organisation;
- Demonstrated success in managing cashflow and accounts;
- Knowledge of financial systems from an operational, strategic and reporting perspective – Xero experience would be highly regarded;
- Experience in leading and directing non-professional administrative staff;
- Previous experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
What’s In It For You!
You will be provided a flexible working arrangement whilst being provided the opportunity to play an integral role in the financial health of a long standing, reputable organisation.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 726948/BD