A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a leading organisation who has a vacancy for the role of a Building Supervisor. Our client’s portfolio covers a broad range of building/construction services and are experiencing growth within their own market.
Your Exciting, New Role
The position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible to assist in managing and coordinating project planning and delivery activities in order to maximise project profitability and ensure client satisfaction. The position will focus on ensuring the services provided meet quality and value for money expectations of clients.
The Skills You Bring
Some of the key tasks required of the position will include the following:
- Assist in the planning and delivery of projects through the efficient supervision and development of office staff, field staff and subcontractors;
- Undertake high quality condition assessment and estimation services to ensure efficient and cost effective project outcomes;
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment, ensuring compliance with current human resource practices and principles, including employment equity, anti-discrimination and workplace health and safety;
- Provide a level of supervisory services in respect to the delivery of construction, maintenance and upgrade work;
- Produce high quality tender and quotation documentation for building projects and prepare accurate and timely estimates, quotations and project trade packages, including material lists and construction programs;
- Coordinate and undertake the delivery of a condition assessment service on behalf of clients, including inspections/surveys of building elements and construction materials including collecting samples of suspected asbestos containing materials for laboratory testing;
- Ensure application of safety management system (SMS) including:
- Participate in and facilitate WHS audits under the direction of the Principal WHS Officer;
- Undertake on-site WHS inspections including plant and equipment checks;
- Ensure all job documentation includes safework method statement or other risk assessment documentation as appropriate;
- Promote and ensure a healthy and safe work environment through own practices, education and awareness raising of staff and contractors while working with the Regional WHS Advisor and WHS Manager to promote a consistent WHS approach.
What’s In It For You!
The opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of the organisation. A rewarding remuneration package is also on offer
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 782293/BD