A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer maintains a long standing presence within the Marine Engineering and Maintenance community of Cairns. They possess large scale facilities that enable them to maintain and repair a diverse range of marine vessels. They provide a complete project management services, surveys and assistance in all trades including boiler making (steel, stainless steel, aluminium), painting and blasting, mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, interior refurbishment and repairs.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this role, you will ensure due diligence in relation to the organisation’s WHS responsibilities.
The Skills You Bring
You will require previous experience in:
- On the ground walk arounds/inspections and reporting;
- Conducting safety inductions and maintain Safety Matrix’s;
- Acquiring and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of workplace health and safety matters;
- Understanding the operations being carried out by staff, and the hazards and risks associated with the operations;
- Ensuring staff utilise appropriate resources and processes to eliminate or minimise health and safety risks arising from work being done;
- Ensuring staff have appropriate processes in place to receive and respond promptly to information regarding incidents, hazards and risks;
- Ensuring employees utilise processes for complying with duties or obligations under the Act;
- Verifying the provision and use of these resources and processes.
In addition to a trade background, you will also require a Certificate IV (or higher) in Workplace Health and Safety and a current White Card.
What’s In It For You!
A rewarding remuneration package is on offer in addition to the opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of the organisation.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 699328/BD