A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Our client is a local Indigenous organisation, providing services to remote communities in the Far North. They are committed to improving social and economic development, along with the more cultural aspects of these communities.
Your Exciting, New Role
Working closely with the Engagement Manager; you will identify funding opportunities and develop submissions, communication strategies, along with advocacy support and advice, to enable the fulfilment of the organisations plans and priorities.
The Skills You Bring
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in grants, business development and community advocacy.
- High level communication skills to establish, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Previous experience working within a Local Government setting is highly desirable.
- An ability to identify and write detailed submissions relevant and available to Council, State and Federal Government.
- You are confident in being the principal contact and expert for matter relating to grant applications and funding opportunities.
- An ability to control the comprehensive daily management of the Council’s strategic advocacy, consultation and engagement program.
- You will be able to provide research and high-level briefings on other matters impacting the region including health, housing, education, justice and economic development.
- You can develop and disseminate press releases in consultation with the Engagement Manager, CEO and Mayor.
- A tertiary qualification in business or a related field is preferred.
What’s In It For You!
The ability to play an integral role in the further growth and development of an Indigenous and cultural based organisation. A rewarding remuneration is on offer for the successful candidate.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
It is a mandatory requirement that the successful applicant will be required to apply for a National Police Check Certificate.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 768616/VS