A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a remote and beautiful area outside of Queensland renowned nationally and internationally for its Indigenous art, culture and fishing; You will be joining a small established business to assist them in the general management of their store.
Your Exciting, New Role
Reporting and liaising to the Board, the General Manager will contribute to the development of plans and budgets and is able to offer suggestions about the strategic development of the corporation. You will use all of your skills and experience to oversee the day to day management of the store, staff and financial aspects of the business, while developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
The Skills You Bring
- You will have the capacity to recruit, motivate and retain staff while being responsible for achieving the objectives recorded in the business plans.
- An ability to set targets for staff performance and act as a role model for staff in respect of professional and ethical work standards.
- An understanding of and are able to prepare all duty rosters.
- You can be flexible in your approach to management techniques and can mentor and support staff.
- You are able to maintain a commitment to professional development by undertaking regular performance reviews and staff appraisals.
- Previous experience in retail and customer service.
- Preparation of reports for Board meetings and other reports as required.
- Very high level of communication skills to promote and foster a collaborative work environment and liaise with stakeholders, suppliers, contractors and including organisations.
- You will have the ability to work within organisational policies, procedures and values while assisting in building a strong and positive team culture.
- Must have experience with MYOB and Profit-Track software.
- You will be able to work and live in a remote indigenous location.
What’s In It For You!
An excellent remuneration package which includes accommodation and a fully maintained vehicle as well as several other incentives is on offer for the successful candidate.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.