A Little Bit About Your New Employer
In this unique opportunity, you will get the chance to work for a leading Not-For-Profit youth organisation. Their vision is to improve child and youth development and strengthen families as well as brokering partnerships between education and industry.
Your Exciting, New Role
If you are looking for a supportive work environment and to showcase your skills in a well-recognised organisation, then look no further! As the Youth Development Coordinator, you will be joining a dynamic, energetic and professional team, delivering innovative youth transition services that assist young people to achieve education and/or employment.
Working within their Cairns and Yarrabah team, you will supervise the daily functioning of the Yarrabah Centre on outreach days which includes leading a small team of local part-time staff and engaging with community partners to create opportunities.
You will implement solutions to ensure young people develop and achieve goals and aspirations, identify strengths and talents, explore career paths and build social, personal and practical employability skills to ensure a smooth transition into employment or education ensuring continued success through ongoing support.
The Skills You Bring
- You have a tertiary qualification in Education, Allied Health, Social Work, Human Services or a related field and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and industry
- You have strong interpersonal skills so you can confidently interact, motivate and connect with young people and families
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Great communication is the key for you and you have a strong understanding of social, emotional and environmental barriers to school engagement and you have a proven capacity to coordinate appropriate interventions in response
- You have the passion and drive to develop effective relationships with our school staff and community stakeholders
- You have a current QLD Driver’s License, a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment and a Clear Federal Police Check
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of the Microsoft Office suite is astonishing
- Your positive and professional approach means you are ready to meet any challenge that comes your way
What’s In It For You!
This is a full-time position and is a fantastic opening for a motivated and hardworking individual wanting to further their experience and skills in a challenging and rewarding position.
This is a permanent full time position. A generous salary package is on offer to the right candidate along with salary sacrifice options and genuine professional development opportunities.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 734239/VS