A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is a Community based organisation providing care and direct support for children/young people or adults in need. This is a unique opportunity to join their fast paced Cairns office and work with dedicated people with a positive attitude and very flexible approach.
Your Exciting, New Role
You will work closely with children and young people as part of the Foster Care Program and will undertake needs assessments, care planning and regular reviews of services provided to ensure their safety and welfare.
The Skills You Bring
- You hold tertiary qualifications in Social Science and or a Diploma in Community Services - (Welfare) with relevant field or previous experience in a similar role
- Your strong interpersonal skills means building strong relationships and rapport with clients is a breeze
- You are a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- Great communication is the key for you and you have a proven capacity to develop and implement Care Plans with clients to identify and assess needs, resources and support outcomes
- Having worked in similar role or a related field you have a proven ability to work with clients that have complex needs and you have a capacity to handle clients in crisis
- Team work is a must in this role, helping the team meet and exceed goals
- You are reliable, can work autonomously and you ARE ready to meet any challenge that comes your way
- You need to have the flexibility to work some evenings and travel remotely on occasions
What’s In It For You!
You will be given the opportunity to work in a temporary capacity initially with a view to permanency beyond that. You will join an experienced team of professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation with a very worthy cause.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 722064/VS