A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small, remote and beautiful part of the Western side of the Cape York Peninsula, this is an ideal opportunity to see and experience a fascinating part of Far North Queensland.
Your Exciting, New Role
As the Customer Service Officer, you will provide assistance to the Administration Manager to ensure that the Post Office runs efficiently. You will provide effective customer service by delivering a range of specific services such as assisting with the processing of bulk mail and parcels in line with road and air deliveries, responding to front counter requests, processing money orders, reconciling to Australia Post and other duties as requested by the Administration Manager.
You will have significant direct contact with members of the community, employees, managers and external training providers. Lucky, you are a natural communicator.
The Skills You Bring
- Obviously you know all about administration and your attention to detail is second to none;
- Team work is a must in this role, helping the team to achieve positive outcomes;
- Great communication is the key in this role;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively;
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and are responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively;
- You have a good understanding of current issues affecting Aboriginal communities;
- You have a Clear Federal Police Check or the ability to pass;
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business systems data entry is astonishing.
What’s In It For You!
This is permanent position, you will receiving a generous salary package and will gain ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 701638/VS