A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Located in a small, remote and beautiful part of the Western side of the Cape York Peninsula, this is an ideal opportunity to see and experience a fascinating part of Far North Queensland and to work within a business focussing on the community they live in.
Your Exciting, New Role
As the Art Centre Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the many facets of the Art Centre’s daily operation and the ongoing success of its artistic programs and financial growth, which involve exhibitions, sales and marketing activities nationally and internationally.
In this challenging and rewarding position, you will provide effective leadership by consistently delivering a range of specific services such as Artistic Programs, Sales and Marketing, Artist Management and Support, Facility Management, Financial Management, Employment and Training, Visitors and Cultural Tourism, Organisational Integrity and Business Management.
You will have significant direct contact with members of the community, employees, managers and external training providers. Lucky you are a good communicator!
The Skills You Bring
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably at a community level;
- You have relevant qualifications, or substantial experience in arts administration or a related discipline;
- You have an understanding of professional gallery practice and curating, with contemporary knowledge of arts industry standards and policies;
- Studio management including preparation of materials, artist development and care and conservation of art works is very important to you!
- Great communication is the key in this role;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively;
- Delivering Indigenous or non-Indigenous arts and craft or community arts projects is a passion of yours;
- You have cultural knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and are responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively;
- You have a good understanding of current issues affecting Aboriginal communities;
- Team work is a must in this role, leading teams to achieve positive outcomes in coordination with agreed budgets;
- You are tech savvy and have a strong your grasp of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business systems data entry is astonishing.
What’s In It For You!
This is a permanent position, you will definitely be receiving a generous salary package and will gain ‘hands on’ experience working within an Indigenous community. Subsidised accommodation will be provided.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 701617/VS