A Little Bit About Your New Employer
In this unique opportunity, you will have the chance to work for well recognised indigenous organisation. They deliver welfare reforms in order to provide transformational benefits to Cape York communities and are dedicated to empowering the Indigenous people of Cape York.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this dynamic role you will be responsible for delivering assessment based parenting intervention and universal programs, parenting workshops and case management activities for individuals and families. In addition, you will participate in supervision with Team Leaders for 1 on 1 meetings and the Strong Families Parenting Team Leader for program supervision.
You can communicate confidentially at all levels, fostering constructive relationships within the community to ensure a positive program reputation and develop local networks to promote activities and other initiatives for individuals, families, local community organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
The role is based in Aurukun.
The Skills You Bring
- You have at least three years’ experience working in case management of families with complex needs or in the delivery of family services
- You have well developed analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to apply these skills in case management
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and you are capable of dealing with matters of a sensitive nature
- Great communication is the key for you and you have proven written and verbal communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar and email etiquette
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively and have demonstrated experience in influencing others with proven ability to motivate others to achieve positive outcomes
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of the Microsoft Office suite is astonishing
- You pride yourself on your negotiation skills to sell difficult/contentious concepts
- You are naturally energetic and you have flexibility in working arrangements
What’s In It For You!
This is a great opportunity for you to display your energy, resilience and adaptability working in a remote community. A competitive hourly rate is on offer to the right candidate.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Reference: 652108/VS