A Little Bit About Your New Employer
In this unique opportunity, you will have the chance to work for well recognised indigenous organisation. They deliver welfare reforms in order to provide transformational benefits to Cape York communities and are dedicated to empowering the Indigenous people of Cape York.
Your Exciting, New Role
You will be responsible for delivering assessment based parenting intervention and universal programs, parenting workshops and case management activities for individuals and families. In addition, you will mentor, encourage and support Parenting Consultants and Parenting Support staff to assist in the successful completion of programs.
The role is based in Aurukun.
The Skills You Bring
- You have tertiary qualifications in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or a relevant discipline and/or have at least three years’ experience working in case management of families with complex needs or in the delivery of family services
- You are reliable, can work autonomously and you ARE ready to meet any challenge that comes your way
- You are an amazing at managing and structuring workloads effectively
- You can use sound judgement and have the ability to think through complex issues, develop solutions to sensitive situations/problems and assess the impact of decisions on project outcomes
- Great communication is the key for you and you have proven written and verbal communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar and email etiquette
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and you will be capable of dealing with matters of a sensitive nature
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively and have the ability to develop strong networks with diverse key partners
- You are tech savvy and your grasp of the Microsoft Office suite is astonishing
- You are naturally energetic and you have flexibility in working arrangements
What’s In It For You!
This is a great opportunity to take control in a sometimes very challenging environment, providing seamless interventions to the highest standards. A competitive hourly rate is on offer to the right candidate.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Reference: 652104/VS