A Little Bit About Your New Employer
If you are looking for a supportive work environment and to show case your skills in a well-recognised organisation, then look no further! In this unique opportunity, you’ll get the chance to work for a leading Not-For-Profit youth organisation. Their vision is to improve child and youth development and strengthen families as well as brokering partnerships between education and industry.
Your Exciting, New Role
Based in Cairns, the Career and Transitions Officer actively engages local employers, service providers and industry groups to create work experience, industry visits, vocational skill development and employment for young people in the Cairns region.
You will have a passion for the community, an understanding of the local industry and employer groups and a willingness to assist and coach individuals and groups to achieve career transition and skill development.
The Skills You Bring
- You will have relevant qualifications within HR, business development, sales & marketing or a related field or at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and industry;
- You have a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment, a clear Federal Police Check and a current QLD driver’s license;
- You have strong interpersonal skills so you can confidently interact, motivate and inspire young people to reach their career goals;
- Team work is essential, helping ahighly professional team bring about significant success for young people;
- Your outstanding time management and organisation skills, means you’re a total pro at setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
What’s In It For You!
A generous salary package is on offer to the right candidate and you’ll also be provided with the opportunity for ongoing professional development and supervision within a highly experienced team.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 721364/VS